The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!
How does this work?
This week's Feature Question:
Back to school. Create a reading list for the imaginary English Lit class you’ll be teaching this semester.
Hottie Syreeta's Answer:There are so many great books that I would, but here are my choices and why.
- The Twilight Series and Anne Rice's Vampire Series (I realize it would seem like comparing apples and oranges, but there is a common denominator.. the seeds, and I would have my class look for the "seeds" in the books)
- The Adventures of Huck Fin - Self explanatory, it is an American Classic
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by: Zora Neale Hurston - I want more people to familiarize themselves with African American Literature, and this is a great one.
- The Green Mile & Needful Things by: Stephen King - Stephen King has some great books, these two are amongst my favorites. I feel that great discussions would come from both books.
- I know Why The Caged Birds Sing by: Maya Angelou - I love Angelou and this book is very powerful. Also another way to get African American Literature out there.
Remember to please leave us a comment so we can follow you and follow us... grab our button, and we'll grab yours